Last year, profits from warranties accounted for all of Circuit City's operating income and almost half of Best Buy's, say analysts. They figure that profit margins on contracts are between 50% and 60%. That's nearly 18 times the margin on the goods themselves. For example, a four-year contract on a $3,000 flat-panel TV costs about $400. Best Buy gives its insurers $160 and keeps $240 for itself. DAILY KOS via WRH
v|m video: Daily Motion
v|m video: Vimeo
Audio:"GET IT ON!" House Mix
Audio:"Fusion" House Mix
Audio: Favorite Dance Tracks & More
Facebook: Jordy M. Johnson Twitter: Jordy M. Johnson
- Name: Jordy
- Location: South Florida
André Gide said it best: "Trust those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
- VIDEO: This Week In God - Samantha Bee (12/18/06)
- Hawaii to tourists: Can the cigarettes
- Holiday Gift: EPA Allows Millions of Pounds of Ozo...
- Vapour trails? That's what THEY want you to think
- 52 new species found in Borneo's 'Lost World'
- Get a new look for your desktop with Mandolux
- How to: Digitize your Cassette Collection
- VIDEO FLASHBACK: A Flock Of Seagulls "I Ran"
- Iran , Russia Making Prophetic Move To Dominate Mi...
- Living Coral Reefs Provide Better Protection from ...
Support Peace, Love & House Music!
organic cotton tee $16.99